Saturday, January 2, 2016

Day 5 of our 40 Day Fast and Focus- MAKE MOVES, NOT ANNOUNCEMENTS!




The proliferation of social media has made room for an illusion and mirage based society. We can post our life "as if" and announce to the world our every move in order to make it seem like something instead of what it really is. We have lost touch with real life, and things don't exist unless and until we post on social media. As we begin our ridiculously amazing 2016 I want to encourage you to abandon making announcements and any use of social media to perpetuate fraud or to share intensely personal information that titillates the masses and doesn't help you personally in any way. I am not telling you to do something I didn't do myself. I got off of Facebook for 2 years and highly recommend this to anyone seeking to engage in their real life in a greater capacity. 

Application: BE who you really are in real life.

 1. BE. Don't live an imaginary life. Don't waste one moment on image building over reality. Keep your business and personal life off of social media in a great way. It's okay to use it as an occasional outlet but so/me serves you best when it's use is reality based and you only talk about your problems to real people who love and can help you. Everyone doesn't need to know every detail of your life. While I wasn't bad about using so/me, I admire and am learning how to use so/me best from my husband Navy. He uses social media judiciously, for business, and hardly ever any personal. I am following his lead and finding it's a great way to use a tool well that is capable of taking over your life and mind if you allow it.

2.  Get a journal and/or a vision board and use that to document, plan and execute your resolutions, goals, and achievements. The written word has great power. Use these tools instead of the Book, IG or Twitter. Pinterest is a great vision board app and you can make your board private so no one sees it.


Beloved, I am praying with and for you. 


Resources to help:

1. http://thesocialmediafast.com/
2. http://calebstorkey.com/do-you-need-a-social-media-fast/

James 2:14    What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but does not have works? Can this kind of faith save him? 


Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Carr. Copyright 2015 Cheryl Carr and ARETE1 International. 2015 rightwordsbycheryl©
Follow me on LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/cherylcarr2014; Facebook : Cheryl Carr and Arete1; Twitter: iamdrcherylcarr and Arete1Int; Instagram-iamcherylcarr.

No comments:

Post a Comment