Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 32 of our 40 Day Fast and Focus "SMALL THINGS." Let's make every single day of 2016 ridiculously amazing!


Small things tell you big things.

I live in Texas so believe me when I say, little or small goes under appreciated. We're into BIG EVERYTHING. Big hair, big homes, big trucks, big miracles. Go big or stay home is a favorite cliche' thrown around but can I tell you as someone who likes detail and structure, I've learned small things should be valued way more than we do. Even an oak tree begins as a small seed. Entire gardens grow from one small seed planted and the hard work that tending to it's growth demands. Each small breath you breathe gives your entire body LIFE.

Application: DON'T DESPISE SMALL THINGS

1. Pursue the goal of finding God's grace at work in everyday life.  Isn't it disappointing when an act of love done by you is seen as no big thing and overlooked by it's recipient? I believe we do that to God when we gloss over the smaller, everyday granting of His beautiful grace because we're waiting on the bigger, better miracle. I have made it my goal to look at the smallest of things and listen to the smallest of whispers as similar as possible as I do with the huge things and undeniable miracles He gifts to me. I've learned God rewards this diligence (Hebrews 11:6) with so many every single day miracles that I remain awestruck, surprised and delighted.

2. Listen eagerly to the little stuff.  Attune your ear to hear the still small voice whispering in your life. In my life I've found God never shouts at me...He doesn't have to. Instead, my situations and circumstances of life begin as a dull roar and crescendo into what cannot be ignored. I'm learning to stop, look and listen to things when they are little, they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big, because to them all of it has always been big stuff. From little things, big things grow.

Beloved, I am praying with and for you.


Resources to Help:
1. http://www.amazon.com/Small-Things-Big-Inspiring-Everyday/dp/1596381450
2. Memorize and recite out loud this scripture: Zechariah 4:10-Do not despise these small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin, to see the plumb line in Zerubbabel’s hand.”


Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Lanier to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Lanier is written and distributed by Dr-Cheryl.com. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Lanier. Copyright 2016 Cheryl Carr and Dr.Cheryl Lanier. 2016 rightwordsbycheryl©
Follow me on LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/cherylcarr2014; Facebook : Dr-Cheryl; Twitter: iamdrcheryllanier and Dr-Cheryl; Instagram-iamcheryllanier.

No comments:

Post a Comment