Monday, January 25, 2016

Day 28 of our 40 Day Fast and Focus -"SURPRISE!"


Do you like surprises?

It may surprise you to know I don't. I like structure. I like routine and statistically predictable. It's the way I'm wired and I'm perfectly OK with that. In my life I've learned and finally accept that God is into surprises and so I'd best keep learning to be too. God loves to do things in an unpredictable fashion. He loves the marvel and wonder of surprise. He loves faith-building, character depending, deepening dependency of waiting and trusting. No human being on earth can top God's eleventh hour come through's and mouth dropping "oh no he dint."

Application: Stay prepared to be SURPRISED!

1. Settle expectations.  If you expect consistency at all times, you're setting yourself up to be disappointed. I've found it's best to pay attention to the signals in my life that my expectations need to settle into inconsistency. NEVER expect a situation, person and least of all God to do as you plan, according to your timeline and in a way that you expect and desire.

2. Deepen Dependency. Reliance on God is never a weakness. Love ‘always trusts’ with the wisdom and discernment earned from past experiences. God always provides. God always comes through. God will never play you. God always keeps His promises. Never be afraid to trust Him and the people He assigns to bless your life because God works through people and He knows how to make the best divine connections. Life is so peaceful completely dependent upon Him. Trust Him to surprise you in ways that will blow your mind.

Beloved, I am praying with and for you.



Resources to help:
1. http://www.charismamag.com/blogs/1524-spirit/devotionals/by-love-transformed/8216-god-loves-to-surprise-us
2. http://odb.org/2008/05/15/surprise-me/

Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Lanier to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Lanier is written and distributed by Dr-Cheryl.com. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Lanier. Copyright 2016 Cheryl Carr and Dr.Cheryl Lanier. 2016 rightwordsbycheryl©
Follow me on LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/cherylcarr2014; Facebook : Dr-Cheryl; Twitter: iamdrcheryllanier and Dr-Cheryl; Instagram-iamcheryllanier.

No comments:

Post a Comment