Friday, January 8, 2016

Day 11 of our 40 Day Fast and Focus- BE A FINANCIAL CHAMPION!


Eccl. 10:19- A party gives laughter, wine gives happiness, and money gives everything!

Few of us want to change our financial behaviors beyond getting more money. 

WE LOVE MONEY (which is a sin by the way -1 Timothy 6:10). This is why money causes us all kinds of issues and stress in our lives. We rarely have enough money for our wants and often our needs. WE LOVE CREDIT AND DEBT.  We use credit and debt to get us things we want now, not accepting the expense today will cause us many sorrows tomorrow. WE REFUSE TO DELAY GRATIFICATION. Saving and allocating money to get something when we can actually afford it isn't the way 99.9% of us live. We want what we want NOW and will do just about anything to apprehend "it. "Few of us learned good money habits  and so we earn and spend without a plan, hoping the miracle of giving or tithing will obligate God to give us our daily bread. Since 2009 I have spent time learning good money behaviors, going through financial stress and strain as I changed my relationship with money, taking it off the throne of my life and accepting I am a mere steward over all God gives me.

Truth is, all of us could use a makeover financially that includes a specific plan we commit to a minimum of 12 months. If you made a financial resolution last year and failed to stick to it, you’re not alone. Being a Financial Champion can be a real challenge. Resolutions are a good first step, but without a specific plan, they can be hard to maintain for 12 months. Here are 2 behaviors I have used since 2010 to makeover my money behaviors.

APPLICATION: MAKE EVERY FRIDAY A FINANCIAL CHAMPION REVIEW DAY!

1. Master Money, do not let it be your master.  You are only a steward over money. Work for it. Give generously. Save habitually. Spend wisely. Maximize what you already have/earn before seeking more and resolve to begin each of these behaviors: 

  •  ‘I resolve to Figure out my Personal finance’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Record every penny spent’ 
  • ‘I resolve to Stick to a Budget’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to get out of Debt’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Play big on Discounts’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Plan my Monthly/Weekly expense’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Save more’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Reduce unwanted Spendings’ 
  •  ‘I resolve to Cut short my Bills’ 
2. Completely change your attitude about money. You are merely a steward of money. Learn to speak positively about money, even in lean times (NEVER call yourself broke...EVER); and especially other people's money (don't hate on those with it and vilify them for having it and the possessions allowed). Change your behaviors with money. Money is a tool. Nothing more. It is a horrid God so take it off the throne of your life and master your money. Here are some money blessings to SPEAK out of your mouth daily
  • Psalms 68:19 Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation.
  •  God says in 3 John 1:2, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.”
  • Psalms 24:1  The earth is the LORD's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
  •  Psalms 115:14  The LORD shall increase you more and more, you and your children.
  • Psalms 145:16  Thou openest thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
  • Deuteronomy 8:18  But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto thy fathers, as it is this day
  •  Deuteronomy 28:6  Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
  •  Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it.
  • Proverbs 22:4  By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
  • Deuteronomy 29:9   Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do.

Beloved I am praying with and for you.

Resources to help (I have used each of these and they have helped me live as a financial champion since 2010):
1.http://moneymastery.com/ 
2. https://www.mint.com/
3. http://www.michellesingletary.com/21-day-financial-fast.html
4. https://www.joycemeyer.org/articles/ea.aspx?article=living_in_financial_freedom




Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Carr. Copyright 2016 Cheryl Carr and ARETE1 International. 2016 rightwordsbycheryl©

Follow me on LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/cherylcarr2014; Facebook : Cheryl Carr and Arete1; Twitter: iamdrcherylcarr and Arete1Int; Instagram-iamcherylcarr.

No comments:

Post a Comment