What do you believe “thinking” to be? Think about that. What is thinking?
Having carefully researched thinking as a term and activity of the brain I submit to you that I have learned thinking is inner speech. How we talk to ourselves inside about what it is we see, hear, and feel is what thinking really is. We talk deep within ourselves when we think, and more importantly GOD SEES EVERY SINGLE ONE OF OUR THOUGHTS. How we think, our inner speech is so very important to the quality of our lives and yet it something we place on autopilot. Rarely do we examine how we think, and even less of the time do we bother to correct incorrect, flawed thinking. Take some time today to examine your thinking/inner speech. I guarantee you whatever good or bad is going on IN you will come OUT of you. If you want to finish 2015 strong and if you want to have a ridiculously amazing 2016 begin with making sure you’re only and always thinking Philippians 4:8-And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Application: How to Think BEST or correct poor inner speech
1. Spend time thinking about how you think, the language and words you tell yourself in your mind.
2. Use the list in Philippians 4:8 to compare your actual thoughts against (true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and worthy of praise). If it isn’t, you must learn to stop thinking against that list.
3. STOP (cease all motion) any thoughts that aren’t the best way to think... take any thought against Phil. 4:8 captive (2 Corinthians 10:5 We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ).
4. Accept: You get to tell your mind how to think and what language words you will use. It is a privilege and a blessing to think and God requires us to use our righteous minds well.
5. Practice doing this daily. I have learned when any thoughts against Phil. 4:8 start in my mind I apply this process 7 times and at times ALL day long. I even sometimes SPEAK out loud to that thought...”Thought, you’re not true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or worthy of praise.” I then speak only what is. Amazingly my thoughts correct and become BEST.
Beloved, I am praying with and for you.
Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Carr. Copyright 2015 Cheryl Carr and ARETE1 International. 2015 rightwordsbycheryl©
Follow me on LinkedIn :www.linkedin.com/in/cherylcarr2014; Facebook : Cheryl Carr and Arete1; Twitter: iamdrcherylcarr and Arete1Int; Instagram-iamcherylcarr.