Monday, August 23, 2010

Come Here Wounded Woman...

James 4:7-8 "So let God work his will in you. Yell a loud no to the Devil and watch him scamper. Say a quiet yes to God and he'll be there in no time. Quit dabbling in sin. Purify your inner life. Quit playing the field. Hit bottom, and cry your eyes out. The fun and games are over. Get serious, really serious. Get down on your knees before the Master; it's the only way you'll get on your feet."






Proverbs 31:25 (NIV)- "She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come." 



We are many we wounded women. No need to discuss how we got this way, just pick up a magazine and you'll read well our dissatisfaction with every area of life...we're just not satisfied, fulfilled or getting what we need in any way. We're limping along in life, self-medicating, repeating the same pattern in relationships, work, how we eat...living life with a screen-door of pain over the entrance to our hearts. Come here. Sit down with me for a second. Let's cooperate with God. Aren't you tired of the tears in the night, the inability to change and the sad commentary that "you're crazy" because you are an emotionally crazed person constantly in a manic state, driving the people you love away or making them walk on egg shells...yes your pain is making you do the fool over and over and over again...or, are you like me, great at pretending, smiling, saying the right things until that scab is rubbed off of that wound that you keep hidden behind your pretty facade? Oh I know I'm in your business but I want to help you, help me, help us. We can be healed you know? And its not about time. Time doesn't always heal but GOD DOES! I've experienced most of my revelation of a wound and a cleaning up of the wound in short periods of time. I'll say it again, WE CAN BE HEALED. Completely restored and reset to an original starting point as a woman of strength and dignity.HOW BADLY DO YOU WANT IT? First you have to recognize your state and acknowledge it before God. CRY OUT and call it what it is. Quit faking. Quit pretending and putting a band-aid over your "pain cancer." We have to cooperate with God and want it more than that man, the food, the drink, the stability (changing causes chaos and disruption of everything) and looking like we're "spooky spiritual."  


We're wounded and we want to be healed. That requires desperation and obsession with getting it from God alone! Yes, when I teach this I'm told "Cheryl, it doesn't take all that" but I'm telling you depending how deep your wounds run (and mine were deep stronghold wounds), YES IT DOES TAKE A DESPERATE OBSESSION WITH GETTING HEALED. Haven't you been desperately and obsessively wounded? Just this week I was even told to quit ministering and giving out advice from someone I thought loved me and appreciated the transparency I shared my past/pain with them through--they even blocked me from their FB page (and it was perfectly fine because they were believing a lie, never read or commented on what I wrote anyway, no big loss). I've learned, the enemy of our souls wants me silent because every single one of my messages has been meticulously tried out on me FIRST before I share. They're real. I don't preach lofty, high things. I preach right here in the trenches, the muck/mire with you. I risk acceptance to be real and know the enemy will use even the very elect to try to stop me. There is no perfection in me to try and tell you anymore than this is what happened to me and here's how I deal.  No worries about me stopping no matter who tells me to. Won't happen. God has called me as His mouthpiece. I'm running the race, will speak as led with no fear. I can't be stopped in pain/silence, so I'm sitting right here, typing this blog in some of the greatest pain I've had in a long time. But...speak to you I will if you will but listen?

Because you can't love without vulnerability and trust-- wouldn't you enjoy some insulation, not self protection? Wouldn't you like that pain/hurt/wound to be a message you finally get/listen to and CHANGE FROM? It can happen only one way. Submit to God FIRST. Cry out to him in the midst of your pain. Quit running to a man. Quit running to that next relationship. Quit running to the club or a book (unless its the bible) or what someone else says or any of the things you've done to date that HAVEN'T WORKED. Yes, you may have salved your wound but wouldn't you much rather have the doggone thing healed? I'm not a Pollyanna either, I know there are some scars that will remain (you don't want to know my pain sister, we can compare burdens and I'm sure you'd look over mine and pick yours right back up again). Get alone. Get silent. Get on your face. Tell God all. Leave nothing out. He will listen to every word and you can't shock Him. He all ready knows. He gave you free will so that you can CHOOSE HIM. He desires that from you and then you know what...you'll be a wounded woman no more. 


Reach for God's reaching dear one. God is a master surgeon and His hands are gentle. It won't be easy but your healing will be thorough even if its a process. Sometimes God will lift what ails you immediately. Other times He will leave it and bring you through it. Whatever He does, however He does it its for the best and for your good. Submit to His way and listen, obey His instructions. As Max Lucado said it best..." God doesn't improve. He perfects. He doesn't enhance. He completes. Not better, not improving, not on the upswing" GOD COMPLETELY HEALS. Beloved, I'm praying with you and for you. 

Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International.


No comments:

Post a Comment