Sunday, September 23, 2012

TESTED CONSISTENCY


 
Proverbs 20:6- Many people declare themselves loyal, but who can find someone who is [really] trustworthy?

James 1:6-8  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavers is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways

Psalm 26:2  Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart.

1Corinthians 10:12  So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall!

 

          Who are you are when no one is around? Who are you when you’re separated from those who KNOW you and around people who know nothing about you but that you that you present? What is it that you want people to think of you when if it were uncovered and presented as is…it’s not true? The distance in consistency and trustworthiness under those conditions and in those circumstances are indicative of who and what you really are as a person, in character and in conduct. Have you ever examined yourself to see WHO AM I? Have you ever placed who you are before God and asked Him to test your consistency and trustworthiness? I ask that because many of us use our own measuring stick for these principles and the word of God tells us clearly “The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” This lets me know only God can tell me who I really am, not other people and surely not my own self. I don’t want to live the unexamined life of fakery and trickery that most seem to aspire no higher to do. I have chosen to live at a higher level and this requires frequent testing to reveal TRUTH.

    Balance in our thinking and truth in our innermost man requires examination. A test…a lying bare so that you can see--- “what is really inside of me?” It is so easy to say “this is me, who I am” and then declare what we will or won’t do/are capable of. It’s a far different matter to be proven, tested and tried to see what truly holds out about you in what you say and what you do. Consistency is the condition of cohering or holding together and retaining form; solidity or firmness. Trustworthiness means warranting trust, reliable. Untested, you don’t really know if those character traits are present and accounted fully for in your heart and life. Do you want that kind of character? Do you want to sow those kinds of seeds and experience the harvest thereof?  Sadly few do. It is so much more easy and comfortable to say “this is me, this is what I do and who I am…deal with it.” Well and good. Your God given free will allows for you to do that which you feel big and bad enough to do. One thing though. God exposes. The enemy is an expert at setting you up to knock you down and God will allow for you to hold sway over others with deceit, lies and falsehood for only awhile. Then He allows for an exposure of truth that will leave you naked and as is before others. The ultimate end to all lies is an end called death. In death your every thought, your heart and every word and deed will be JUDGED and rewarded or condemned. Personally, I want to hear more reward and earn more crowns than to know the sorrow and disappointment I caused my Lord simply because I was un-yielded and unwilling to obey. So…ask today “Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and my heart.” Find out the depth or lack thereof of your consistency and trustworthiness. Grow from there. Beloved, I am praying with and for you.


Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International. No portion of this publication may be copied or reproduced without the expressed written consent of Cheryl L. Carr.

(c) Copyright 2012 Cheryl Carr and ARETE1 International. 2012 rightwordsbycheryl©

Follow me on Facebook : Cheryl Carr and Arete1

Follow me on twitter: Arete1Int                 

No comments:

Post a Comment