Saturday, March 26, 2011

ASK, DON'T ASSUME!

James 1:5 (NIV) If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.



What do you ask for Beloved? Of yourself, of others and mostly of God? Asking means to put a question to; to seek an answer to; to seek information about. Consider this for a moment with me because in asking this question I want to differentiate between asking and assuming. Assuming means
to take upon oneself, to undertake the duties of an office, to take on, adopt, don, put on, affect the appearance or possession of, to take for granted, suppose. Between the two where do you most often reside? See, to really ask you should assume nothing. Bare, stark not knowing is something we fight with a passion. Instead we hold on to what someones told us, what our experience has taught us and most often what we want/desire. May I challenge you today to learn this principle for life and acquire the ability to ASK not ASSUME. To really acquire knowledge and receive healing, forgiveness and to be propelled forward one must LET GO so that you can begin to observe something that doesn't appear to fit in your current knowledge base. I also caution you to seek wise counsel because experience is not your best teacher, guided experience is. To fully partake of someones well-earned experience you can't be a know-it-all and simply listen and try to add it to what you all ready think/know. Intimacy, wisdom, conflict resolution, and problem solving all depend upon your ability to grow in asking, not assuming much. Recognizing God's voice, seeing His hand and realizing answers to prayers all depend upon this principle and its one that few want to be stretched out of their comfort zone to do. We wrestle most against not knowing and/or accepting and we sacrifice so much peace in living life that way. Begin today. Stop the practice of assuming and learn the principle of asking? You will then truly begin to receive. I'm praying with and for you!


I asked for wisdom...
And God gave me problems to solve.
I asked for prosperity...
And God gave me brains and the strength to work.
I asked for courage...
And God gave me danger to overcome.
I asked for love...
And God gave me troubled people to help.
I asked for favors...
And God gave me opportunities.
I received nothing I wanted.
I received everything I needed.
My Prayer has been answered.

-Anon.


Please feel free to forward CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr to friends and colleagues, but please forward in its entirety. CEENOTES with Cheryl Carr is written and distributed by Arete1 International.
(c) Copyright 2011 Cheryl Carr and ARETE1 International.
Follow me on Facebook : Cheryl Carr and Arete1









No comments:

Post a Comment